Every time you eat, ask yourself this: WHAT IS THE JOB TO BE DONE (or JTBD)? What job are you trying to get done, by going out to the places your friends rave about, by buying the food you crave, or by getting the drinks […]
It is my intention to grow and expand my emotional library this year. Being able to point out specific emotions helps identify exactly what needs healing. Having an extensive emotional library also equips us with clarity, which is quintessential to manifesting the goodness we dream for. […]
It is my intention to grow and expand my emotional library this year. Being able to point out specific emotions helps identify exactly what needs healing. Having an extensive emotional library also equips us with clarity, which is quintessential to manifesting the goodness we dream for. So let’s learn about being adequate today!
FIRST WE CELEBRATE
Celebrate three times you’ve felt adequate, so you can get familiar with the very specific sensations and feelings it brings about in you. Don’t overthink it, don’t filter it, go with what feels true deep within.
- I am adequate when … I am by myself.
- I feel adequate when … I am embraced.
- I think adequate when … I am honest.
Let’s now look into the things we tell ourselves about adequacy, and the rules we have been been taught about it (spiritual practice courtesy of Iyanla Vanzant).
- I have to … make people accept me.
- I should … be what they want me to be.
- I should not … let everybody know who I really am.
- I never … am liked by most people.
- I always … feel awkward and out of place.
- People have to …
- People should … be nicer to me.
- People should not … make it so difficult for me.
- People never …
- People always … want to low-key exclude me.
- People can’t … accept me.
What are three emotions that show up for you as you write this down?
The benefits/rewards I get by thinking/feeling/behaving this way are …
- the comfort of doing what’s familiar
- feeling sad and alone
- I get to lament and be a victim
- avoid the unpredictable
If you’re feeling the vibe of this weekly spiritual practice, do join in every Monday. I promise you’ll learn a lot about expressing your highest truth! It doesn’t have to be hard, and we’re stronger together, so have fun and know that you’ll be better off by the end of it 🙂 Fill in the dots with your own true statements (my honest contributions are given solely to demonstrate each exercise), trust your progress and be gentle with your own precious self!
I Let it be, and so it is!