5 SHOCKING THINGS YOU’LL FIND INSIDE A MEXICAN WELLNESS BAR
After extensive research (a.k.a. daily visits and hefty bills into my local Verde Bendito) I can successfully report on the fascinating world of matchalicious drinks and healthy nibs in Mexico:
1) LOTS OF RICH MEXICANS – like, every time I’d go, be it at 9 or 12, weekdays or Saturdays, places like Verde Bendito were at full capacity. According to some of my local friends, these uber rich, lovely Mexican people that I share my daily morning juice with are living their best lives, no jobs, just eat outs!
2) NO STRAWS – hence proudly tackling climate change, one straw-less drink at a time 🙂 This is actually a really nice thing to do and, as far as I know, isn’t common practice in places like Europe, for instance.
3) SMALL VEGAN SELECTION – and a lot of cheese, fish and poultry instead. Aside from one sandwich, a handful of breakfast options and a salad or two, the menu keeps pretty meaty… Things got even worse when I visited Ojo de Agua in Mexico City and the only things I could choose from where: an acai bowl, a panini, and a salad… God bless!
4) MOUTH-WATERING, TEETH-FREEZING SMOOTHIES – they go crazy with the ice around here! Smoothies and cold drinks at Verde Bendito are so frosty – it only takes one rushed sip for your whole mouth to go into a deep-seated, antarctic magnitude state of frozen *so, drink at your own risk!*
5) CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP – I find juices, smoothies and everything else in between here in Mexico is about half the price to what it costs in Europe (and considerably less than Canada or the US). Which, I mean, is why I come back every.single.day 🙂