This are the foods that kept me alive during the month of March. I know, there’s nothing in here that I cooked, mainly because… that’s not something I do 😂 . BEST THING I HAD: the vegan sushi (made w/ quinoa instead of rice) featuring […]
They’re tiny and simple – a candid reminder that lasting joy can be found when you least expect it:
1) ME, POTATOES AND A GARDEN: well, one day last spring I was home alone, feeling lonely and forgotten. So I made some mashed potatoes, went outside into the back garden, sat on the grass and ate it. Sky was at dusk, an ant tried crawling up my bowl. Wind was chilly, but I really was at ease.
2) A BENCH, SOME WIND AND A VIEW OF VANCOUVER: this was on my last day of Spring break, which I spent in Vancouver. I’d just finished late lunch, by myself, at a place I really wanted to try before leaving (called cactus club cafe). Went outside, and there was these beautiful waterfront promenade. Found a bench, took a seat, put my feet up, and just existed. It was gusty, but I had my cousin’s warm long coat. My eyes teared (windy!), my heart filled with emotion, and I felt so little in the face on skyscraping beauty 🙂
3) AN ACAI BOWL, UNHAPPY WAITERS, AND A MATURE GUY: not too long ago, I had my first ever acai bowl, somewhere healthy and overpriced in Mexico City. There I was, just me and the acai bowl – all I could feel was bliss. I loved every slurp of it. Why didn’t I try it sooner? Around me, the room was busy with grumpy waiters. Why are they so unhappy, I remember thinking. Would I act the same way, if I were them? All of a sudden, an old guy was sat next to me, at the long communal table. He was by himself, too. And despite his age, he made sure to take a picture of the food before delving in. I thought that was funny. Will I ever do that?
After extensive research (a.k.a. daily visits and hefty bills into my local Verde Bendito) I can successfully report on the fascinating world of matchalicious drinks and healthy nibs in Mexico: 1) LOTS OF RICH MEXICANS – like, every time I’d go, be it at 9 […]
Açaí este ceva precum zmeura, murele – insa din Brazilia. Si este folosit pentru a crea un bol extrem de delicios (in opinia mea). Inafara Braziliei, majoritatea localurilor healthy care vand açaí utilizeaza (dupa ce am investigat intensiv!) açaí pudra sau pasta congelata concentrata. De cand […]
Majoritatea usilor se deschid spre exterior – multumile tind sa se repezeasca, iar in cazul unei urgente, o usa ce se deschide spre exterior elimina o posibila congestie.
Insa, usa catre noi se deschide spre interior. Adica, opulenta, sanatatea, fericirea sosesc in viata noastra printr-o usa ce se deschide spre interior. Asadar, daca ne tensionam, stresam, strofocam, nu facem altceva decat sa impingem usa. Sa inchidem usa. Sa NU LASAM LUCRURILE DORITE SA INTRE!
CAZ DE STUDIU
Acum cateva luni, am intalnit un barbat (pe care, desigur, inca il iubesc, este cel mai intelept lucru, nu imi permit sa simt nimic altceva pentru cei din jur) minunat.
Inainte de a ne vedea la 9 seara, nu aveam nicio asteptare. Mancam niste orez in curtea resedintei unde locuiam, priveam apusul, super transpirat dupa o zi in soare si mers prin oras. Doar mi-am schimbat tricoul, spalat pe dinti, si dat cu niste parfum. Zero strofocare, nicio tensionare. Nici nu-mi trecea prin cap ca va veni sa ma ia intr-un Porsche, ca-mi va arata tigrul sau de la el acasa, ca o sa ma invete unele lectii si ofere cateva zile minunate impreuna.
Asa de simpla si puternica este lectia seninatatii, si increderea ca tot ce-i al nostru nu se poate pierde; mereu soseste… la timp! Nu putem pierde decat ce nu-i al nostru, sau ceea ce nu ni se mai potriveste (altceva si mai bun urmand sa ia locul).
V-am impartasit (si) ca sa imi reamintesc despre atitudinea castigatoare in viata. Cateodata, cand ne aflam in mijlocul furtunii (=conflicte, stres, indoiala, dezamagire) mai uitam despre cum stau lucrurile cu adevarat 😉
2017 este un an al inceputurilor, al unui nou ‘eu’, ce se naste dupa un 2016 ce a curatat, facut loc si pregatit terenul pentru debutul unui nou ciclu de invatare. Reamintindu-ne cum, in viata, exista doua emotii primare – frica si iubirea – este superb sa […]
Decluttering is the first step to living a peaceful life. Freeing up space for our highest good to come in is therefore essential, so here’s a list of stuff I said bye-bye to throughout 2016 🙂
- Perfume – because it’s full of nasty chemicals which simply don’t benefit me anymore. I’m a sucker for nice smells, so I transitioned to essential oils, which uplift my energy, impact my overall mood and aid in manifesting new intentions.
- Lack and poverty – by doing my daily work, I have been able to start accommodating surprising new resources, financial support and bountiful opportunities in my previously lack-ridden paradigm and state of mind.
- Friends and other relationships – not taking part in people pleasing and carefully reflecting on most of my relationships, I have managed to disengage from detrimental and dysfunctional connections.
- Breakfast – I’ve only had fruit for breakfast for most of 2015, and the same trend carried on for the better half of 2016. As we’re now approaching the new year though, I find myself not having anything for breakfast anymore 😉 If anything, I drink. Emotional and mental detox has been using up most of my time and energy lately, so not wasting any resources on breakfast feels very natural to me now!
- Fear – I find myself releasing fear with every little thing I do – be it the washing, choosing my day’s outfit, posting or not posting certain things online. It is relieving to the point where I start crying, and I am most grateful for being offered the chance to live in truth, my highest, fullest truth.
- Dishonesty, and the need to control anything going on in my life. I have experienced the sweetness of surrendering to a higher power and letting go of trying to control the outcome of my life, and now I just want to keep on encountering the sensation 🙂
View this post on Instagram
Air 🌾🌾🌾#TudyBoy #eatforabs #eeeeets #ctfu #cleaneating #eatclean #healthy #healthyfood #hclf #vegan #vegansofig #vegetarian #buzzfeast #nutrition #healthyliving #dairyfree #rawtillwhenever #instafood #veganfoodshare #food4thought #foodisfuel #weightloss #strongnotskinny #foodie #plangbased #vscocam #pancakesunday #veganpancakes
Throughout my life, FEAR has been my drug of choice. For some grander reason, that I can’t quite fully comprehend now, fear has always been there for me, slowly turning into a comforting state of mind that I could always evade to. And that’s how fear […]